Copyright © Jrnywithprabhu
Design by Dzignine
Thursday 25 February 2016

My First IndiBlogger Meet !! #FlipkartOutdoors- Bangalore 2016


I always wanted to go on an adventure trip with friends but I couldn't. Few days ago I got an opportunity to be part of an epic outdoor adventure organized by IndiBlogger and Flipkart with my friends from blogging world.  Here's my experience.

Actually I had sort of another adventure to make it to venue. I was browsing through IndiBlogger late night ( 18th I remember) I spot this above picture on home page saying about IndiBlogger Meet. I was excited to see its in Bangalore! Only 1 seat was left. Without thinking much I registered! I followed my heart! But after while I realized it was close to exams. 20th Feb! Exams from 22nd ! I hadn't prepared much. I cancel thinking I can't make it. I got a message saying "registrations closed". It made me sad.I slept trying to forget about it. I had missed BNLF and nearly missed this one too!

Next morning I was only thinking about meet! how I lost the opportunity. I made my mind to study for exam and finish things I didn't cover that day and make it to Indi-meet. Luckily when I checked registration page morning 3 seats were left! I didn't want to lose once more. I followed my heart and registered ! I got Indipass within seconds! my happiness knew no bounds !! super excited! I went on saying it to close friends in college about it. They were happy for me and told not to miss it. Few of friends had been to venue where event was about to happen. i.e Mango Mist resort told it was wonderful place, don't miss it ! I thanked my stars.  As planned I studied that night (19th). Was super excited to know about events. I even figured few of my friends from blogging world are making it from list of attendees.To be specific I said Vinay and  Reema about it! I was eager to meet rest of bloggers too. I was up till 4am. Vampire mode was on ! I set alarm in mobile and slept. Decide to meet Vinay in Ulsoor which was first pickup point. But I got up late ! around 6.30! I had to start by 6! bus at Ulsoor was at 7am! I got ready super quick! I decide to meet Reema at 2nd stop i.e Shoppers stop near Bannerghatta Road. I was in race with time. I got a cab to 2nd pickup point and reached half an hour early! 7.30am! I spot few familiar faces. I had only seen them on IndiBlogger list of popular posts. I dint knew anyone else other than Reema and Vinay. So was waiting for them. Vinay was in other bus. Reema joined after while and we got on to one more bus by Indi team. So 2 Indibus by Indi team with around 100 amazing bloggers start our adventurous journey to Mango Mist Resort.  I enjoyed the journey to resort.Bangalore being well known for pleasant weather,it was kind of cold in morning. I felt so fresh. Enjoyed the view from window and grabbed a bite. Inditeam gave us cream biscuits, I got orange flavor! We reached the venue after travelling through narrow roads about 45 mins later. 

I met Vinay and spotted few more familiar faces! We made our way towards resort. I liked the resort moment I entered. All of us gathered in circle. Indi-team Organiser ,Anoop welcomed us. Each one of us were excited. So much positivity in air. We had our breakfast in next half an hour.There was so much variety. I had typical South Indian Breakfast. Idli-vada with sambhar,chutney and hot coffee. It tasted so yum!! So by the end of breakfast I got to know few people Praveen,Sibi,Sneha.Rekha Mishra

https://www.mangomist.com/



We made our way towards location where we were gathered in circle.We were made into groups. Group of 10-11 people. Our group leader was Vinay! So our team members were (as in pic) 

Vinay(captain),
Sachin(thats me!) 
and Sathish(missed the group pic!) 

Team 3! Thats our team! pic courtesy:Praveen


The director of Electronics dept from Flipkart explained how gadgets play a role in our daily life, importance of ioT. We were made to choose gadgets and had to complete challenges. There was line up of products. All we had to do is go to each table, get idea about product, one or two had to make use of that product while doing activity. 

So we moved to desk with Red Chief Shoes. There were so many varieties of shoes which would fit for trekking and sports. The shoes were light weight best suited for adventure activities. From our team Praveen tried it out and gave a thumbs up for the quality. 

We next moved towards Polaroid Cube. Its a tiny camera in shape of cube with lots of features. It can record HD videos in 1080p/720p , has 124 degree viewing angle, Professional 6MP still photos,Weatherproof/splash proof, It comes with waterproof case and so much accessories like tipod, helmet mount,monkey stand.Also had polaroid pocket size light weight printer which can print instant photos which can connect to smart phone via bluetooth. Shantanu from our team got 


Next we moved to Altec Lansing. They had lovely collection of speakers and earphones which was shock proof and waterproof. They had one speakers for display which played high quality music which made everyone groove. The guy who displayed the speakers showed how it was strong speakers were by throwing speakers. There was one girl who displayed the speakers were waterpoof by pouring water on it. The water actually danced to music as she poured it on speakers. The water drops jumped up and down due to the bass effect. They also had one contest where if you manage to remove the earphones by shaking your head without using hands the earphones would be yours! Two from our team won! Shantanu and Joyson I managed to do but couldn't win. sigh!

We moved on to Coleman. They had variety of products suited for camping. Tents , waterbottles etc. Everything you would want to have while on trek.

Next we moved on to smart watches by Garmin and Samsung Gear.
They looked super cool. It would show your heart beat rate and how much calories you burnt. So two from our team got hold of these gadgets.i.e Satish and Vinay

Last but not least Sony Action Camera. It could record videos in 1080p/720p and capture photos. It also had so many accessories. It can also shoot in 4k Ultra HD. 170 degree ultra wide ZIESS Tessar lens. I fell in love with this and got one for myself to capture the moments  on our adventure. 

Indibus


That's the resort!

Anoop explaining rules


That's water proof check! can u see drops dance for beat?

our team checking products
pic courtesy : Indiblogger

The games which we played were as follows



So once we were done with gadget hunt we had equipped ourself with few gadgets and on our way to perform activities. We were given the tickets and our hand was tied with yellow band indicating we belonged to resort now! Actually half our team had already vanished and went on to perform activities while few of us checked sony cameras. I captured Water zorbing activity with sony action camera I had got. Went on to perform zipline and shooting. While I went to perform zipline it kind of reminded me "divergent". It was super awesome! During shooting we had to shoot at bottles. I managed to get two shots right! Next, we went on to do build a tent from. We built the tent in 1min 53 sec! we were 2nd place. We lost just by 1sec!! can you believe it! 1.52 was 1st place timing!

It was time for lunch. We were tired as we did activities under blazing sun. Lunch was delicious just like breakfast so much of variety. Post lunch we gathered again in circle at normal spot. People were awarded prizes for twitter contest. The final game was paint ball. I wanted to join but since I had exam I dint wanted to hurt myself so stayed back. So me and vinay stayed back while rest of our team made it to battle and you know what our team won 1st place! We had one group pic and made way towards Indibus. 

Here's the memories I made!! 

Yay I got flipkart flag ! Team flag!  

Time to shoot!

Do you see monkeys on tree?


Aren't they cute? <3

Peaceful !




paintball warfield!

Our team for paintball battle ! pic courtesy : Indiblogger

Water zorbing 

Explaining importance of IoT

Gadget Love!

with leo and anusha

with bhawna and sibi 


pic courtesy: Shantanu 

Below pics are clicked using SONY Action Camera! 

pic captured by : Praveen
Say cheese!

Don't drink during the sun is out.. Listen to LEO ~ shantanu


Quack quack ! 



At the end of the day I had followed my heart. Made new friends. It was new experience! I loved every bit of it. I wish to meet everyone soon! Looking forward for one more Indi-meet. Thanks to Indiblogger team and Flipkart for organizing #FlipkartOutDoors and so glad to meet amazing bloggers.

Keep Smiling
Sachin Prabhu B

21 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm glad you followed your heart and had so much fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey shwetha :) thanks for reading :) wish you were there too!

      Delete
  2. It was interesting to know it all in detail. And no doubt, connecting to pen-friends in person is such an awesome feeling :)
    Surprised, you reached early even after making late :D Loved all the photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes one such pen-friend is you! Wish to meet you soon!! Yea I made it fast ,thank god there was no traffic. Thank you so much simi :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great.. IB meets are always awesome.. ☺☺☺☺☺👍👍👍👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We shall meet one fine day :D thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  5. Very happy you could make it to the event, such fun it seems!

    I hope to attend in future ☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much :) Looking forward to meet you :)

      Delete
  6. I wish to attend such an event with you and other bloggers friends. Would love to experience so much in a day. I could witness the fun you had in the meet through all your pics. :) This post is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I missed few people including you :) thank you so much namu :) <3

      Delete
  7. That is one thing I havent done yet.. Hopefully, I'll be a part of a few bloggers meets in the recent future..

    Glad to know that it was a fun experience for you.

    Regards
    Sudeshna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sudeshna ! Yes Indimeet was fun! Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  8. Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that attract others, but I'm most definitely interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very interesting tips shared by you. I really like to read your blogs as they contains very important and informative content. I appreciate your efforts. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am extraordinarily affected beside your writing talents, Thanks for this nice share.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really appreciate your skilled approach. These square measure items of terribly helpful data which will be of nice use on behalf of me in future.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don’t skills ought to I provide you with thanks! i'm altogether shocked by your article. You saved my time. Thanks 1,000,000 for sharing this text.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is the precise weblog for anybody UN agency must search out out concerning this subject. You notice such a lot its nearly arduous to argue with you. You completely place a spanking new spin on a topic that is been written concerning for years. Nice stuff, merely nice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Get free notification of all India Government Jobs 2020 and its job vacancies across sectors in India like Railways, Banking Employment in India, Universities, College Govt Jobs, Teaching, Schools in India, Financial Institutions 2020, Defence, SSC, Agriculture and many more India Government Jobs.

    ReplyDelete